LEGAL COUNSEL ITALY
MISSION and ROLE
As part of an international team, the individual hired will be focused on italian legal considerations and compliance, while maintaining close ties with the other members of the global legal team to ensure Italian operations conform with the organizational standards, regulations, policies and procedures in place.
- Provide regular progress reports to company General Counsel
- Work closely with the International legal team to ensure alignment with corporate standards and requirements
- Eventually oversee all legal activities for Italian operations
- Provide legal services to internal clients touching on all aspects of business operations, including corporate governance, legal compliance, customer, partner, and supplier contracts, litigation management, intellectual property rights management, leasing, and employment
- Contract work will include contract review, proactive negotiation support, and post-contract operational support
- Promote compliance with corporate policies, internal controls, and contracting practices
- Support, facilitate, and promote all other legal roles within the Group
- Identify and manage business risk
- Assist others with specific mandates, including mergers and acquisitions. This will include taking on region-specific responsibilities as directed
- Formulate meaningful KPIs that his/her mandate can be measured against
- Actively collaborate on a cross-functional basis and influence others through demonstrated expertise. Work effectively in a dynamic global team environment with minimal supervision
- Work with and manage external counsel
- Identify strategies to protect Group company interests and minimize legal exposure
- Manage the transition in case of M&A deal closures, with reference to all the legal activities
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with highest ethical standards and in compliance with the company Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to health and safety rules and procedures
Ideal profile, professional background, soft / hard skills
The individual must have exceptional analytical, interpersonal, communication, drafting, and negotiation skills. The individual must also have good commercial judgment and decision making ability. Excellent legal skills, including an advanced knowledge of Italian governance matters, compliance, and contract law are required.
- 5-10 years of experience in corporate counsel of international groups
- Experience within a manufacturing context is a strong plus (alternatively, assisting industrial clients from an international law firm)
- Knowledge of GDPR, US standards, and mergers and acquisition experience, are strong pluses
- Based in Emilia, or willing to commute
- Travel will be required from time to time
Our client is a leading automation solutions provider based overseas with 20 manufacturing facilities and 50 offices worldwide, and over 4,000 employees. As part of the Italian business strategy they would like to hire a strong legal professional to manage the Italian legal affairs.
In order to apply for this position you can click on the button Invia Candidatura.
Please apply your cv in English.
In keeping with its own code of professional conduct and in compliance with Italian laws n.903/77 and 125/91, Praxi (Aut. MLPS 13/I/0003868/03.04) performs all its selection processes pursuing an equal-opportunity policy for applicants of both sexes.
Furthermore, Praxi is committed to respecting all candidates' rights as per the applicable privacy legislation and will therefore process all personal data received for the sole purposes of recruitment and selection.